Westfield was established in 1803 with a total of 13 families of sturdy Scotch-Irish descent. Throughout the two-hundred year history we steadily have grown and enlarged our church facility to meet the current needs of our 400+ member congregation. We are located in western Pennsylvania in rural North Beaver Township, which is approximately eight miles from New Castle, PA and 50 miles northwest of Pittsburgh, PA.
The present church building was constructed in 1872. Constant attention to proper maintenance has always assured that the building is in excellent condition. In 1948 a full basement was constructed beneath the church for educational and social purposes. It now has a modern, well-equipped kitchen and a beautifully appointed fellowship hall. In 1968 a new entrance area and a modern two-story education wing were constructed. In addition to the classrooms, a nursery, conference room, parlor, and Pastor’s study were installed and furnished. In 1976 the sanctuary was totally renovated with new roof, ceiling, walls, lighting, carpet, pews and Chancel area. In 2000 a 5,500 sq. ft. addition was added that includes classrooms, handicap accessible restrooms, an elevator and additional fellowship areas.
Behind the church building is a spacious and meticulously cared-for cemetery containing graves of Westfield members and friends from the first burial in the area in 1802 to the present, and a substantial area for further use. An adequate endowment assures continued care. In 1958 a brick, four-bedroom, ranch style manse with attached garage was constructed approximately one-half mile from the church overlooking the church proper. In 1984, the interior was completely remodeled. In 1989 an outdoor pavilion for picnics and social activities, complete with barbecue grill, was added to the church property. Adjacent to this pavilion is a playground and recreation area. In 1996 a portico was constructed over the main entrance to the sanctuary.